As were in the final countdown for 2016 and we look forward to a brighter more prosperous 2017 it's time to make some tech resolutions. So I thought I would give you a head start and help out with a few suggestions.
2. If you're not already on Microsoft Windows 10 then it's time to upgrade there's no reason to be on Windows 7 anymore and it's turning 8 years old this year.
2.5. If you're on anything older than Windows 7 pick up your computers and throw them out the window. It's shameful to have anything like that in your office at this point.
3. If you have a file server in your office that holds all of your documents move to SharePoint or Google Docs. Files on a server are a thing of the past and we just can't have that anymore.
4. If your phone system requires for you to call a phone vendor to come to your office to configure it, it's time to replace your phone system with a shiny new Voice over IP system.
5. If you are changing tapes or swapping hard drives as part of your backup see item 3. Then take whatever is left over and move to some form of cloud backup.
6. If your employees are using less than a 23 inch monitor they are going blind. Buy them bigger monitors and preferably two.
And finally let's talk about some personal resolutions you can make.
7. Ask and listen to your IT company's advice. They will help you.
8. Accept that if you have not done any of the things listed above - that you will not get angry when things don't work as they should, when things take longer than they should and finally when you lose business due to a tech issue.
9. Accept that the tech in your business requires an investment on your part of not only dollars but of your involvement and desire to move it forward.
10. Promise to yourself that you will not demonize technology or devalue the tech in your business. Know that computers can enable you to become a more successful company, improve your business and improve your company culture.
11. And last but not least make the commitment to get the tech right in your business in 2017.
I hope you have a great year. If there’s anything I can do to help shoot me an email.
All the best.