Businesses are constantly changing and evolving to stay competitive.
This is no more true than in the professional services industry, where the competition is plenty and struggle to be the top provider is very real.
As a result, many modern businesses outsource key functions of their business to other businesses, that are in turn experts in their field.
I thought I’d offer up a list of the top 8 things companies outsource to the experts.
1. TECH - Over the last 10 to 15 years tech has become one of the top specialties that businesses outsource. Hiring your own in-house IT guy has really become a thing of the past.
2. SALES - Whether it’s sales training, buying lead lists, cold-calling, you name it; More than ever sale functions are now are outsourced.
3. MARKETING - Getting the word out about who you are, advertising, branding, all fall under the umbrella of marketing. This is a hot topic and continues to be a hot topic. How do you get the attention? How do you capture the attention of your buyer? These questions need answers.
4. LEGAL - An oldie but goody. Your business needs help every once in awhile and you sure as heck aren’t going to hire an in-house lawyer.
5. CLEANING - You know, those people that come by after hours and keep your office clean. Yes we still need them.
6. SECURITY - With today’s changing world we constantly need to keep an eye out and protect our businesses and livelihood. Whether it’s alarm systems or surveillance systems we need security.
7. HIGH LEVEL FINANCE - Whether it’s a contract CFO or CPA firm. We all have someone who knows math just a little better than we do.
And rounding it out with last item rounding out the list.
8. HUMAN RESOURCES - From basic payroll to a full on professional employer organization (PEO) where an employer can outsource employee management tasks, such as employee benefits, payroll and workers' compensation, recruiting, risk/safety management, and training and development.
So there you have it the top 8 list of things to outsource.
I know there’s more out there but this is good starting point of what companies like yours are and should be outsourcing.
If your company doesn’t outsource all of these functions you you might want to think about doing so.
Like they say...
Do what you do best - outsource the rest.